We Are Back And Ready For Action!
As you may be aware, the Provincial Health Office (PHO) has begun their Restart Program – Stage 1 has already been launched and Stage 2 has been confirmed to take effect June 15th. The dojo falls into this category where “High Intensity Indoor Fitness Classes with Reduced Capacity can start”. “No spectators, and physical distancing must be maintained”. “Masks must be worn in all common areas”. With Stage 2 taking effect, the Dojo will re-open and resume classes on Saturday June 19th.
We will continue to follow the guidance that is developed by the Ministry of Health. We fall under a category that is under the watch list and the situation/requirements could change. In the meantime, we will continue to maintain a disciplined and sanitized dojo for you and your child’s well-being, comfort, and safety in mind.
Dojo health and safety protocols:
When the dojo reopens and classes resume, the doors will be open only to our current membership. New membership registrations will be delayed by two weeks to allow our existing students get back into their routines in a guarded, safe, and comfortable environment. All students returning are asked to follow our safety guidelines. All new students will be interviewed and screened prior to being allowed to attend our classes. Your safety and well-being will always be our priority.
Having your COVID vaccinations is the responsible thing to do to keep everyone safe.
Please do not enter the dojo if:
· If you are unwell and show any of the COVID-19 symptoms
· If you share a household with a positive or suspect COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
· Have been asked by your school or workplace to self-monitor.
Additional Precautions and protocols:
· Train only in your designated classes. Class sizes will remain monitored.
· Class schedule will remain as is except for Youth Orange and Red Belt classes on Monday and Wednesday, which will move to 5:45 to 6:30pm (Orange to Purple Belts).
· Temperature checks may be taken upon entry.
· Students are asked to wear a mask when entering the dojo. Please bring a Ziploc bag for storage of your mask
· High School age students and adult students, if you are NOT vaccinated, please call Sensei prior to returning to your class.
· Stairs: If someone is going down the stairs, wait for them to clear before going up and vice versa
· Please respect everyone’s physical space in the common areas and stay on your marked area on the dojo floor. Red arrows for 3 metres – Silver arrows for 2 metres.
· For cross contamination reasons, please leave your water bottles in your vehicles and refrain from bringing them inside the dojo. The dojo’s water fountain will remain off.
· Parents and siblings are asked to wait in their car during class times.
· Dojo T-shirts are allowed to be worn.
· For distancing purposes, children with white belts or if you cannot tie your belt independently, there is no need to wear your belt in class.
· Attendance cards will be pulled by our instructors.
· Sign in Sheet and contact tracing will also be taken by our instructors.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly, as I am committed to providing